Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A photo blog..

I'm super tired, but apparently not sleepy (dumb time change).. so I thought I would post a few photos from 2011 thus far and write a bit about them. This blog will be entitled 'a photo blog' for obvious reasons.

And now. Introducing.... the most random assortment of photos ever. amen.

This is from my surprise Valentine's Day picnic at McNeely lake.. It was completely Tommy's doing.. he packed subway, chips and drinks, a mini cheesecake, welchs white grape juice and glass champagne flutes.. It was adorable. 























This is from our weekend selling puppets for Tommy's mom at the seminary.
























Here's a baby shower cake and cupcakes I did for a little boy named Bo, who will be entering the world later this spring :)




































Here's a photo of why our children will have to pay for their own college ;)




















I made fondant for the first time tonight.. I'm not a fondant fan..Certainly not a bought fondant fan.. so I made it from scratch.. I'm still not all about covering cakes in it.. cakes should be covered in buttercream, my buttercream.. my yummy in my tummy buttercream.. but anyway.. I'm going to start using fondant once in a while for fondant figures and toppers for my cakes and cupcakes.. but I promise, they will never, ever take the place of my frosting. ever.

Well, anyway.. I was practing for a Jurassic Park cake I'm doing in April- these are fondant rocks.. they are edible! and they are actually pretty good.. taste like super sweet marshmallows :)





















Love, hugs and random photos.
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment