Sunday, March 6, 2011

Coffee Cake. Oh no!

I've been doing so well on WW, down 12.8 pounds since the end of January... but tonight, I baked a coffee cake. Well, I'm baking a coffee cake. right now. 10 minutes left in the oven. smells like heaven. oh my word.

My mother in law owns a puppet ministry business and attended a Creative Ministry festival in Louisville this weekend. While they taught classes last night and all day today, we manned the vendor booth and sold puppets for them. It was really fun. Had a good time talking to people, spending time together and playing games on our iphones ;)

We didn't get home until the early hours this morning, and went back at 8am, so by the time we arrived home around 6pm tonight.. I literally put my jammies on and went to bed. Woke up at 10pm, disoriented, sneezy, snotty and starving. My sinus infection from this week somehow resurfaced during my nap and I woke up a mess.

Instead of getting a banana and going back to bed.. I decided to stay up, see what was happening on facebook and watch SNL with Tommy (which is on right now, but I'm less than impressed with tonight's host) so I'm blogging instead.. and then. it happened.. I came across the Pioneer Woman's 'best coffee cake ever' recipe I've been avoiding for so long.. including 3 sticks of butter in one cake! So..I went to my baking cupboard and checked for the ingredients. I just knew I didn't have any pecans, so I might have to eat that banana afterall.. but Satan was really working against my weight watchering goals and alas, a bag of devilish pecans stashed in the back, and I was out of excuses.

It's nearly out of the oven, and I must go find my stretchy pants. I thought I would share the recipe with you, then I won't feel so bad about eating coffee cake at midnight like a wild banshee.


PioneerWoman's 'Best Coffee Cake. Ever'


Love, hugs and huge slices of coffee cake. yum.

Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment