Sunday, February 13, 2011

Whew.

Whew. Today has been a whirlwind. A flash of flour. cocoa. sugar. icing. sprinkles.

Today, I baked, iced and decorated about 100 cupcakes. I'm so thankful for the business and being super busy in my baking career that I won't mention being on my poor little feet in my little hard floored kitchen for 8 hours.. I just won't mention it :)

My in-laws also came down this afternoon and thankfully agreed to have KFC for supper since there was no way my kitchen could handle my cooking supper this evening. We had a good visit, and they laughed at the flour on my nose and clothes covered in powdered sugar. I had to bake the whole time they were here, so I tried to chime in from the kitchen and we had a lot of fun watching 'American Pickers' with them on the History channel. One of our favorite shows :)

I baked mostly Valentine's Day themed cupcakes today, but 3 dozen were baby boy shower cupcakes for a friend of a friend. Love getting new calls and finding new business from folks I don't know but know all about my cupcakes :)

Baby Shower Cupcakes-













It must have slipped my mind this morning that I was going to be on my feet all day.. because around 11am, I convinced Tommy that we should walk to the clubhouse and work out.. that was the icing on my cupcake today.. everything I have is already burning, and I'm sure it will be worse by morning! It feels good to get up the heartrate though, and we enjoy working out together and encouraging eachother. He's so wonderful, and I'm not just saying that so he'll read my blog and get me an amazing Valentine's Day gift.. but a girl can hope ;)

Happy Valentine's Day.

Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment