Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dressin' or Stuffin' ?

With the holiday quickly approaching... the hubby and I got into a debate this evening about dressin' vs. stuffin' the turkey.

I let him know that I was making the dressing for our family dinner this year, and a few moments later he was on the phone with his mom and told her I was making stuffing. These words are one in the same to him, and after he got off the phone, I let him know that I was making dressing.. not stuffing.

This took us into an entire conversation on dressing (not in the bird) vs. stuffing (stuffed into the bird), and I know he hated every moment of the conversation.. he loves food.. but he doesn't care about food history or details.. food good. amen. that's his philosophy :)  However, I went on and proved my point anyway, not that it mattered, but I enjoyed talking about it, and sharing my very limited food knowledge with him... he was probably annoyed, but oh well.. he married me ;) i

Anyway, I realized that most folks do use the words dressing and stuffing as one in the same, and I think that's completely wrong! If I was invited somewhere, and they said they were having stuffing, I wouldn't be able to eat it.. because I know that it touched raw bird before it was all cooked together, and I just can't handle the thought of that... I want to eat dressing on Thanksgiving.. I want it made with good stale bread chunks, fresh veggies and lots of chicken stock... it should never ever touch any raw bird! I'm all about stuffing the bird, onions, carrots, lemons, oranges, fresh herbs and anything else you can think of, but then you eat the cooked bird, use the cooked stock and throw away the stuff that you stuffed in there!!


               So...after that longwinded justification, what will you be having, dressing or stuffing?


Happy Thanksgiving Y'all !

Love.
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment