Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Tree

Here's a question for you friends.. when is the right time to put up the Christmas tree? If it were up to me, and I never entertained, I would keep the decor up on the interior of the house all year! I love it.. I love my beautiful Christmas decorations and I've spent years collecting them.. why shouldn't I have them sitting out for all to see?

Here are the two factors holding me back from getting out the goods right now:

1. Thanksgiving- It's not that I'm a Thanksgiving hater. In fact, I love the family thanksgiving each year and I really enjoy the food and family. However, I will be hosting at least 1 family dinner for Thanksgiving at our home this year, so I'm hesitant to have the house decorated in Christmas decor for a big family Thanksgiving gathering...p.s. Putting up the tree before Thanksgiving DOES NOT make you less thankful ! ! In fact, it makes you ahead of the game, a planner, a free spirit :)

2. The hubby- Tommy placed the tree in the attic last year after we took it down. (It's the only item in the entire attic, haha) He won't allow me to climb up into the attic and retrieve the tree, because the pull down ladder is shaky and it's all above the very hard concrete garage floor below. I would leave quite a splatter if I were to fall.. And, for the sake of being cordial and not hurting myself, I have decided not to get the tree down one day while the hubby's at work and have it all up and going when he get's home...yet, this is against my inner urge to just crawl up there and get blasted tree down.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment