Thursday, May 6, 2010

that darn chocolate cake

The chocolate cake is staring at me.. literally.. It sits on the stove, laughing and mocking me until I swing by and cut off a tiny bite... trying to demise a way to make it look as though I've eaten very little cake.. so I don't look like a total porky pig to my husband when he comes in this evening..

Make the cake. Pioneer Woman's chocolate cake. Minus the pecans in the frosting.
It's delicious.. literally the best homemade chocolate cake I've ever made... and I'm telling you.. I've tried several times to find a homemade chocolate cake worth repeating.

I'm still surrounded with vitamin C drops, tissues and a very strong antibiotic... can't seem to beat this sinus mess.. I think I've overcome it until I wake up miserably the next morning.. no choice but to get out of bed at that point... because I will not be going back to sleep while sneezing and snotting all over myself.. Hopefully, whatever is in this Ohio Valley that continues to make me miserable, will either cease to exist- or fnish blooming so I can breathe again.. Ready for the hot 'dog days' of summer.. so allergies will be behind me, and the pool before me. Another perk of living in a 'community' of townhouses and patio homes.. a huge pool that I don't have to maintain.

No comments:

Post a Comment