Thursday, May 6, 2010

Blog 1- May 6, 2010 Early AM

Greetings from the housewife.

Confessions 'of' a housewife was taken... I tend to think I chose the more grammatically correct phrasing anyway.


Tonight- I will blog about chocolate cake... and it's deliciousness. and yes, I know that's not a word.. I went to college.. to be a housewife.. but whatever.

Chocolate cake from the pioneer woman. Have you heard of her? www.thepioneerwoman.com. She's amazing.. her pictures are beautiful and her recipes are even better. She's a woman after my own heart.. a city girl, turned into housewife and mom.. couldn't get any better than that.

I tried the pioneer woman's chocolate cake tonight.. well.. I baked it.. I haven't tried it yet.. because the icing has to set.. so I've been staring at it for several minutes.. and I'm sure I will still cut into it too early.. causing a pool of icing in the remaning empty square.. That pool of icing will then be consumed by my husband with his piece he will most definitely eat for breakfast.

Is it bad that I'm basically feeding my husband chocolate cake for breakfast? Something is better than nothing, gets the metabolism going.. right?

Chocolate cake is something that I've tried to master for years, literally. Every recipe is a tweak different and I can never get that tweak just right.. never found one homemade chocolate cake that was better than Duncan Hines.. until tonight.. maybe. I'll let you know in a future blog.

However, no matter how bad it is.. the husband and I seem to lap it up like we're starving.. with a big glass of cold milk.. it's chocolate and that's good enough for us.

Enough about that cake. I'm going to go eat a slice.. Yes, I'm sure it's way to late for cake.. and I'm sure it will be noticeable on my hips in the morning.. but that's just something I'm going to worry about tomorrow.

Goodnight World.

No comments:

Post a Comment