Wednesday, May 12, 2010

productivity.

I've learned that a hard day working on the house is much more fulfilling and mentally satisfying than a day at the office... and today, I got up early, and worked until after dinner (in which I fell asleep from 8pm-10pm) (which is why I'm up at this late hour)..  My last project of the day was re-organizing the kitchen cabinets.. and I realized that I had duplicates of so many items.. because I didn't know what I had, so I just kept buying things over and over.

I also moved all of my most used items and utencils to the lower shelves.. why should I be reaching over stuff I don't use? Well, problem solved. I trashed all the items I don't use.. mostly glad containers, and cool whip containers, and cottage cheese.. and so on and so on.. I come from a long line of 'save that container!' people.

It was right at one year ago that I found this house, and fell in love and decided to buy it... (while falling in love with Tommy at the same time, and knowing that it might be 'our' house someday) and looking back over the year, I feel like I've done more in the time that I've been home, than I've done the entire year. Our house is now running well and everything has a place and a purpose..

Oh, and my new cookware arrived from Macy's tonight.. and I jumped up and down like a school girl... I had the box open before the UPS man had time to pull away from the house.. and everything is so shiny and clean and beautiful (give me a few meals on it, and it won't be so pretty).. it's lovely and I'm now searching for the perfect recipes to use in my new stainless skillet (non-nonstick, or just stick, I guess.. ) and my beautiful (and huge!) cobalt blue dutch oven... yay.

Love you all.. whoever reads this thing.... and thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Cookware was something we "splurged" on when we got married, and I don't regret it one bit. I remember how sad I was when my cookware no longer looked new ... thank goodness for Barkeeper's Friend, though! - Laura

    ReplyDelete