Monday, May 17, 2010

can't think of a great title..

I've been filling the boring parts of my weekend.. with cooking.... which has been great~ and stress relieving..

Had a great 31 party on Friday night, so that was a great start to the weekend. It was hosted by an old high school friend I graduated with, so the guests were familiar faces and it was nice to catch up. Also a very successful party, so that will look nice on our finances next month.

I'm a cooking finatic.. While the hubby is winding down at night and watching tv, I'm always perched nearby with either my laptop open to recipes or Pioneer Woman's blog.. or I've grabbed a cookbook from the shelf, and I'll read them page for page.. like a novel.. until I've completed it, and made notes.. and then, all I want to do is head for the kitchen and start a new food project.. This week I made Pioneer Woman's Chicken Pot Pie, and her monkey biscuits... best pot pie I've ever eaten.. and the monkey bites were like little cinnamon sugary balls of goodness.. So far, everything I've made that was a Pioneer Woman recipe, has been heavenly. We'll be having the pot pie again this week.. maybe Monday night's dinner :)

I wish I enjoyed running.. or aerobics like I enjoy cooking and recipe researching, and blogging about food... and I wish it was a lower caloric hobby!

Tonight.. Tommy (out of the blue) told me that I will be a great mommy, because I take such good care of him, and I can 'do anything'... and that rounded out the weekend on a positive (but happily tearful) note :)

No comments:

Post a Comment