Tuesday, May 18, 2010

healthy

We're trying to live a little healthier here at the Watkins' household.. in order to lighten our loads that our poor little feet are trying to carry around.. and so far.. it stinks!

For example.. I did great all day.. cooked a protein rich dinner served with fresh veggies.. and I didn't go back for any seconds.. but around 11pm (the hubby went to bed, and I should have followed!!!).. I started craving chess pie.. chess pie?!? of all things?!?! I was looking at chess pie recipes, and I headed to the kitchen at 11:45pm to start making my chess pie..

Then I spotted a new granola cereal in the cupboard.. and I decided to give it a go (healthier than pie, I assume) .. if you're a horse.. it would probably be pretty good.. because it tastes just like horse feed (I assume). So I put that back.. and it will probably be in that cabinet until it goes stale and I throw it out.. it was some serious nasty-ness..

Then, I saw a new block of colbyjack cheese in the deli drawer of the fridge (oh, I guess I opened the fridge- I left out that part).. so I sliced off a couple of thin slices.. and then I saw the fresh grapes.. so I grabbed a handful of those.. By then, I needed a plate.. so I got out a styrofoam plate (I don't do dishes after midnight!) and a few saltine crackers from the fresh box of crackers (can't have cheese and grapes with no crackers!!! what kind of ancient greek would I be? )  (I'm not greek.. I don't think.. just seems like the type of meal that one would eat while watching the gladiator games from high in the luxury seating section.)

So there I sat... on the couch, with cheese, cracker and grapes.. basically ruining the work of my eating healthy all day... but here's my justification... it's better than baking a whole chess pie... right?


Here's my snack... (okay this isn't it.. and.. this looks nothing like my little styrofoam plate of goods.. but I googled 'fruit and cheese'.. and it's pretty.)



Goodnight World.

No comments:

Post a Comment