Tuesday, May 25, 2010

cupcake

Tonight.. I went to Walmart at 10:30pm.. against my husband's wishes... we were completely out of toilet paper, and paper towels are scratchy :) So.. $40 bucks later, I returned home..

Also.. I needed some baking gear for a cake order that I'm doing this weekend.. no.. I'm not usually a cake baker, but I was asked to make a birthday cake for my great aunt (last weekend), and I've been asked to make another for one of Tommy's UPS friends for this weekend.. I'll add some photos of my great aunt's cake from last weekend.. I KNOW it was delicious (I guarantee delicious goods for my customers) , but I worry, and stress about the 'pretty' factor... and I'm really working on that part... I feel comfortable that I produce pretty cupcakes... and eventually, I want to be that comfortable with my sheet/ round cakes.


I'm thinking about making a 'diet coke' cake soon... Have you heard of those?  You basically take a cake mix, and add ONLY one can of diet soda, and then bake it!

There are endless possibilities... yellow cake with diet orange, chocolate cake with diet cherry coke... lemon cake with diet sprite, strawberry cake with diet big red...

you get it.

anyway, this significantly cuts down on the calories and fat (no eggs, no oil, no butter) and I promise you, it makes a delicious cake ! ! It doesn't rise quite as much as a normal cake, but it's delicious, dense and beautiful.. and now.. I've got myself wanting to make one right now... great. it's 12am, and I've got the bakin' itch.

Goodnight World.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I "found" your blog on Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen. I love finding blogs from other Christian women who love cooking. I admire your decision to put your husband and home first. I work full-time, always have, and we have two kids. I hope that one day I too can be a full-time housewife. I would love to hear more about the "Diet Coke Cake." What type of cake mix do you use? Also, I'd like to hear more about your cupcake business. I feel like I've made a new friend today . . you! One of the wonderful things about blogging. May God bless you and I look forward to reading more about you :)! Come on over and visit my blog sometime. Have a WONDERFUL day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, one more thing. I read all your blog posts and came across the one on canning. We do quite a bit of canning so if you ever have a question, I'd be happy to share what I know. My best advice, get a Ball canning book. We use it all the time. I just LOVE looking at a row of canning jars, all shiny and full of good food that we grew and canned. Might sound silly to some, but it gives such a feeling of satisfaction :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Just stumbled upon your blog searching for cupcakes and you are just absolutely adorable! I myself hope to be a full-time housewife eventually, I'm a year out of college, bartending and serving to pay the student loan bills, my husband is a doctor. I've worked all my life and would feel terrible not contributing financially.
    Have you started your own cake business? I love making cupcakes too and would love it too be my ticket out of the service industry. Any advice?

    ReplyDelete