Monday, May 31, 2010

Bakin' a cake





This blog will be primarily photos.. because I'm tired... Tucked the hubby into bed early tonight because he has a belly and headache and is feeling puny... so I loaded the new pictures from my phone to share with my avid readers... you are avid readers right? whoever you are? out there reading about my cupcakes.. and my garden? of course you are.. I'm sure you're on pins and needles waiting for my next blog... right?


Photos of the 2 cake orders I had this week. I'm such a cupcake baker... and it's hard to venture into sheet cake world.. but I'm trying.. and I hope to get as comfortable with it as I am with my cupcakes... eventually.

ALSO- I have a large cupcake order this week.. so I'll be sure to post some photos!

I've also discovered that rubbing parchment paper on the set buttercream makes a ridiculously smooth cake.. makes it look like fondant.. but without the icky rubbery sheet of nasty (how I refer to fondant).






Oh! and here's and update on my garden! Veggies are growing SO well.. they must love our little patio :) We decided to rip out the bushes on the other side of the patio as well, so I'll post some 'finished' photos when the job is completed.

Here's a random picture of the hanging basked on our porch.. it's also doing SUPER well.. I just water it every evening until it's absolutely drenched.. and that's it !



Goodnight World!

1 comment:

  1. Your cakes looks great and so does your hanging basket. I like hanging baskets too, but sometimes I forget to water them :)! Do you have a cupcake business? Hope you are having a great Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete