Monday, August 30, 2010

Roll em' up. Roll em' up. Pitch em' in the Pan.

I've been bakin' up a storm, and I've never felt more passionate about a 'job'.. it's been lovely, glorious and wonderful having a few cupcake orders each week... I love every moment of baking and creating cupcakes customized to order. I've discovered the occupation that is fitting and joyful for me.. and I can do it and still be a housewife and take care of my wonderful hubby..

I'll add a few photos. I've ventured into the world of gumpaste (royal icing flowers are next), gumpaste is a sugar dough that can be colored, cut and carved into any shape.. and then sets up to a hardened state after several hours. It's so versatile that I can really make any figure, color or theme to match any decor.


These are chocolate with pink buttercream (my phone makes them look orange, but they are pink!) and gumpaste black and white daisy design.


These are triple berry CHEESECAKE cupcakes... oh my word.. that's all I can say about them... fresh ground graham cracker crust, creamy cheese center, sour cream topping followed by a triple berry mixture with my fresh blackberry jam as the base... turning into one of my best sellers ever! The boys at UPS that work with Tommy have placed several orders!


I created the above grass / football /Cincinnati Bengals cupcakes for my father in law's 53rd birthday a couple of weeks ago. He LOVED them, and loved that the toppers are all edible! I hand painted the stripes onto the BENGALS letters and they really turned out well.

Place your order today! If we can dream it up, I can bake it up.

Love and Cupcakes,

Kara

1 comment:

  1. very nice photography, Must visit mine Triple Berry cupcake
    When time persists ; hope i am not a good chef like you :)

    ReplyDelete